Friday, May 28, 2010

Good Day, Bad Day

Sometimes I have to go back and read some of my own words in order to keep from backsliding on this journey.

This morning, I was suddenly keenly aware of that patch of breakage from 18 months ago near the crown of my hair.  It’s much longer now, but it’s still so far from the ends,  creating a false layer. It was sticking out of my updo this morning as if in mockery of my past foolishness.

I also felt very frustrated because it seems as though the trek to mid-back will last forever. I just couldn’t see any progress.

I had a very strong urge to trim, but my regular 1/2 inch trim is not scheduled until July. Annoyance was really setting in.

I went back and read some of my more enthusiastic blog entries in order to try and change my frame of mind.  Then I hopped in the shower and washed my hair.

To my surprise, when I took my hair out of the towel, I could feel my wet ends touching a spot on my back that I didn’t feel last week.

While I can’t see any progress, today I could actually feel it.

Once again, thank heaven for those tiny little milestones. They always seem to provide encouragement just when I need it most.

0 comments:

Post a Comment