Monday, May 17, 2010

In My Happy Place

I've been ill for the past few days, and it's starting to get frustrating.  Often when I'm feeling down or frustrated, I get impatient with my hair.  I don't know why that is, but it happens. I know I'm not the only woman who does this.

When it came time to start thinking about my blog entry for today, I started thinking about my hair, and I realized that even though I'm feeling a bit blue, I'm feeling really good about my hair's progress, appearance and overall health. It's been just shy of a month since I last touched up my roots, but I see a lot of new growth there, which tells me just how much my hair has grown in 4 weeks .  It's kind of nice to be able to actually see with my own eyes how much it really is growing.

My hair looks and feels really good too.  Although I know I still have damage on the ends, I can't see it or feel it.  I think that's due to giving my hair a lot of moisture and making sure I oil the ends. I've finally found just the right hair care routine for me.

I'm noticing week by week that I'm able to do some of the hairstyles that I haven't been able to do for quite a long time, because my hair was too short.  In the next 3 months or so, I'll be at a point where my hair doesn't look like "longish" hair, it will look like long hair.  

I'm really happy with the colour too.  I'm glad that I found just the right shade of blonde for me--not too dark, not too light, not too golden, not too ashy.

I like my bangs.  I don't regret cutting them again as they are part of who I am.  

I guess all in all, I'm in a very happy place regarding my hair.  I wanted to make a record of being in this happy place for the next time that I feel discouraged about my hair or attaining my goal.

It really is nice to be in hair nirvana once in a while--even if I'm not feeling so great otherwise.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment